Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Sheltering Tree Spotlight Card

I've been toying with a design idea for the new Sheltering Tree stamp set. It's all been in my head, and yesterday I finally got a chance to execute it. It took three tries before I was happy with it, but I really really love the final design.

It's a "spotlight" card and I was trying to communicate the transition from winter to spring. The text, "you warm my heart" fit perfectly with the design.

I say this card took me three tries, but that isn't because it's hard. I just kept playing with different colors. I first started with White cardstock on the front, but there was no contrast. Then I realized the perfect "winter" feeling was gray--Basic Gray to be accurate.



I thought it might be fun to do a pictorial for this card as I have yet to get my technology up for video. 

Here's the skinny:



The rest is just layering, which you can no doubt figure out on your own.

Here's the material list for this project:

Paper/Ink: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Blushing Bride
Accessories: Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies (the heart framelit), Sweet Sadie washi

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you're inspired to make something today. Go stamp!

Until next time, stay crafty!

Alison


2 comments:

  1. So your pictures are good but going from 4 to 5 I'm confused idk what 5 is or how it got that way and then in the comments it says it's just layering.. idk what is ment by that either I absolutely love the end card but being new I simply dont know how you got there I'd like to kindly ask if you could maybe add a bit more details in the description would be muchly appreciated thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picture #4 is the final step of making the top layer.
    Picture #5 is what the layer that peeks from underneath looks like before the two are attached.
    Hope that helps ��

    ReplyDelete